Monday, February 13, 2012

My "Dream" Project


In my last posting, a full year ago, I can be quoted as saying, "I have yet to be asked to paint a Winterscape."  The quote was made because I have done a large number of beach scenes, but had never been asked for a winter scene.

From May to October this past year, I spent my time working on not only the largest project I have undertaken to date, but was also given the most precious gift of complete creative freedom to accomplish my vision for my client's space.  With the only directive being a specific subject matter chosen by my clients and their designer, I was able to focus on all the specific details that made the end result perfect.

 In this subject matter, I found the "winterscape" commission I've been longing for, as well. 

This wasted attic dormer space provided wonderful angles and spaces with which to play.
Pictured here is a hidden staircase with a dress-up closet underneath.
I was able to pull in all of my favorite carpet layers, wood carvers, furniture makers, seamstresses, decorators, electricians and artists to help with my specific details.





The staircase leads to the highest dormer where we created a treehouse overlooking the rest of the space.



Favorite books were chosen to decorate the stair risers.


Wildlife was added throughout in the paintings.
 

The homeowners found the empty attic space when remodeling their home.  Immediately, they thought of turning this into a playspace for their grandchildren.  It turned into more than any of us could imagine and will be cherished for years.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment